Copyright 2016 Nouk Sanchez
Sickness is a defense against the Truth. We use sickness to protect our small sense of “self.” It is a conscious decision although it is made with such rapidity that we don’t consciously recognize it. The good news is that we can actively accelerate our healing process by reviewing just WHAT it was that triggered our decision for defense as self-attack and then reverse that decision with Holy Spirit.
Jesus explains in the following quotes:
“Healing is accomplished the instant the sufferer no longer sees any value in pain. Who would choose suffering unless he thought it brought him something, and something of value to him? He must think it is a small price to pay for something of greater worth.” M-5.I.1: 1-3
“Who but yourself evaluates a threat, decides escape is necessary, and sets up a series of defenses to reduce the threat that has been judged as real? All this cannot be done unconsciously. But afterwards, your plan requires that you must forget you made it, so it seems to be external to your own intent; a happening beyond your state of mind, an outcome with a real effect on you, instead of one effected by yourself.” W-136.4.
“It is this quick forgetting of the part you play in making your “reality” that makes defenses seem to be beyond your own control. But what you have forgot can be remembered, given willingness to reconsider the decision which is doubly shielded by oblivion. Your not remembering is but the sign that this decision still remains in force, as far as your desires are concerned.” W-136.5:1-3
Sickness, pain, suffering and death are defenses which we use to protect our self from Truth (True healing). But let’s look at what this means at the practical level. What constitutes defense on the ego’s part? What possible threat could there be in Truth which would compel us to defend against it by choosing to experience sickness, pain or even death? What exactly do we believe sickness, pain and death will protect us FROM?
Perhaps if we open our heart and do some radical self-inquiry we may be able to locate just why we abandoned our self to pain or sickness; why we chose it to defend our self from True healing of our mind.
Which particular Truths triggered a retreat into pain or sickness? Slowly take yourself through these possibilities. As you feel into each one of these, make sure to be mindfully present to any signs of resistance or fear. Look with Holy Spirit and without self-judgment. To the degree you resist any of these Truths will be the extent to which you will unknowingly attract pain and sickness (or any other form of self-attack such as weight gain, financial lack, relationship conflict, etc.)
POSSIBLE THREATS TO EGO – CHECKLIST:
- Fear of recognizing the body (as neutral) is powerless to become sick or healthy. The body has zero power to attack you. It is completely subject to what your mind tells it to do (pain, sickness or health). You cannot ever be a victim of the body (unless you choose to),
- Fear to accept that your mind has 100% dominion over the body and the ego’s laws,
- Fear of knowing you (and everyone) are 100% innocent/guiltless,
- Fear of expressing emotional transparency and vulnerability,
- Fear of really FEELING your emotions,
- Fear of radical self-honesty,
- Fear of admitting you were wrong, saying sorry,
- Fear of losing pride,
- Fear of expressing consistent defenselessness with others,
- Fear of forgiving everyone fully,
- Fear of completely forgiving your past,
- Fear of losing the ego’s “story” based on the past,
- Fear of admitting to and undoing areas in which you sacrifice (doing what you don’t want to), i.e. job, sex, unloving relationships, living conditions, etc.). In which areas do you compromise and feel resentment? These are areas of inner conflict and dishonesty,
- Fear of being seen,
- Fear of being alone,
- Fear of being rejected,
- Fear of being 100% accountable for everything that has ever happened to you; that you’re triggered by,
- Fear of expressing consistent gratitude,
- Fear of consistent peace, stillness or silence,
- Fear of losing guilt,
- Fear of relinquishing both judgment of others and self-judgment,
- Fear of accepting that you NEVER were victimized, never attacked by anyone or anything,
- Fear of your True indestructibility,
- Fear of closing the gap completely with another,
- Fear of radical heartfelt joining with another or yourself,
- Fear of being totally honest with another,
- Fear of living out from your Authenticity,
- Fear of keeping consistent mindful self-awareness,
- Fear of unconditional self-acceptance and forgiveness,
- Fear of surrender to God’s Will,
- Fear of trusting completely in Spirit, etc.
All these are defenses AGAINST True healing (Truth). They represent our “fear of God” (Love as our Holy Self). Until they are recognized and willingly forgiven they are most often expressed as defenses via pain, sickness or any other form of conflict, suffering or deprivation. They serve to try to prove that we are guilty and separate from God’s Love which is never true.
Jesus says this, “Truth merely wants to give you happiness, for such its purpose is.”… “Sickness is a defense against the truth. I will accept the truth of what I am, and let my mind be wholly healed today.” W-136.12:4,14:6-7
This list helps to bring the ego’s unconscious “death wish” to conscious awareness so as we can take each one of these fears to Spirit. Here we can exchange them for the miracle. But while they remain unconscious, they will manifest.
You can reverse your original decision for suffering as you decide to consciously withdraw your DESIRE FOR DEFENSE (sickness, pain, etc) against Truth. Here is the forgiveness/Atonement process: https://takemetotruth.org/nouks-blog/the-seven-essential-principles-in-quantum-forgiveness/
The End of Death, Volume One is available via: http://endofdeath.com